Dates: July & August 2016 – email me to set dates!
with RMI Expeditions
contact me with questions:firstname.lastname@example.org
Mt. Baker’s North Ridge is my favorite route in Washington state. It’s a thrilling route for the experienced climber. Big glacier travel, intense exposure, two tool climbing on Alpine Ice 3, and a summit in the middle of the North Cascades makes it a must do for anyone interested in technical big mountain climbing. Good footwork and excellent physical fitness are required, but climbers don’t need weeks of ice climbing experience (some is recommended) to manage this route. It is a Grade III alpine route and typically requires a 12-14 hour summit day. Many climbers compare it to Rainier’s Liberty Ridge, but at lower altitude with a longer climbable season.
Climb highlights include:
- Ascend through old growth forest to a camp with views of the Salish Sea and southern Canada.
- Multi-pitch snow and ice climbing up to 70° using two ice tools
- Extended stretches of steep 40-50° snow climbing
- Climb multiple pitches of steep alpine ice above 9,000′.
- Low climber to guide ratio, 2:1 or 1:1 (inquire about price).
- Take part in an RMI adventure and see why we continue to set the standard in guiding excellence.
1:1 inquire about cost via email